From: bfalloon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2001 10:05 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CFSETTING "HTML Strings" *URGENT*

Hello,

Can someone help me with this problem?

I want to create a string that contains HTML. Specifically a 'path' string
to be
outputted at the top of a page with variable content. The problem that I
have
is that I need to do something like this...

<cfset pathstring = "<a href="blah.cfm">Category</a> <a
href="subcategory.cfm">Sub</a>">

The problem is that because of the quotation marks within the string itself,
it is terminating
the CFSET command before it gets to the end of the string.

I'm not sure if I should use the converted HTML ie. < becomes &lt; and so on
because I need to output 'functional' HTML on the page below this CFSET, not
'display' HTML.

Can someone explain how this should be phrased.
I may also need to append more string information onto the end of this
string
depending of other query results.

Thanks in advance!

Benjamin Falloon