Robert,

Customers, without enough information, draw their own conclusions about the
cause of downtime. I don't know what you do, but CFHosting shows the
courtesy of sending out announcements following outages to explain why they
happened. When I know some yo-yo in downtown Atlanta cut a fiber optic
line, I tend not to be irritated with CFHosting.

It's not a bad strategy. While your servers may be up 99.7% of the time,
other factors cause downtime, too. Sending accurate information to
customers should lessen the griping.

Regards,
--John

                    <net_man@minds

                    pring.com>            To:     CF-Talk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                                          cc:

                    04/06/2001            Subject:     Re: Hosting recommendations

                    07:52 AM

                    Please respond

                    to cf-talk

Since my last flaming for posting about my service.  I have tried to
resist,
but I have to take offense to the statement of being down more then the
average ISP.  As with all we are at the mercy of the internet in general,
but we strive to keep our uptime at 99.7% or greater and have the numbers
and stats to prove it.  I constantly have my servers and sites monitored
from 3 diverse links inbound and would be happy to look into any specific
incidents people have had.

Sorry for the post, but when someone strikes a cord, I will take the abuse
from the flamers.

Thanks,
Robert