I'm new to this list so if this has been beat to death already, please forgive...

For viewing a .pdf file, we store the URL in a db table.  When someone clicks on the
document url to view the file, it hits the db table, retrieves the PDF's real URL and
then CFLOCATIONs to that path.  It works most of the time but for some strange reason,
on IE5.0 it's flakey.  Sometimes it just launches Acrobat Reader (of the full version)
and just displays an empty Acrobat Reader window.

It obviously recognizes that it is a PDF but not sure why the content is not
displayed.  It also typically fails to display after the following sequence pretty
consistently...

Click on PDF link to view doc
Read Db table to get access permission and URL to PDF
Permission requires user login...display login page
Login successful...cflocate to the URL
Acrobat launches (if not already) but displays empty contents in window

If I now go back around (view the list of PDFs, click on the same one, no login
required this time because I'm already logged in, cflocate to the PDF) it works fine
this time.
But if I log out, then go through the above sequence, it fails every time...only on
IE5.0.  IE5.5 works.  Netscape 4.7 works.

Any ideas on this one????

Bruce Holm - Web Programmer
Lattice Semiconductor Corp.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]