Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 08:55:37 -0400
From: "Brian Peddle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Email Questions

I posted this last night but I didn't see it post.  I apologize if it comes
through twice.

I currently send out a weekly newsletter to a growing database of 70,000
right now.  I currently query the DB and loop the results and send out an
email to each member.  It takes CF about 24 hours to process 70,000 emails
from it SPOOL out to the mail server.  The machines is a dual 700 / 1/2 gig
ram.  I don't think its the machine but more the process of 70,000! emails.

My initial thought is to group together 40 emails at a time and BCC then and
have the sent to be whatever.  That would bring the emails total down to
about 1700 which CF can pump out fairly fast.  Id prefer to stay in CF for
this.

Does anyone have any suggestions or things that they may have done.

Thanks!!