Hey guys!
Thanks for all your suggestions and help.  It seems
like formatting an html doc would be the easiset.  I
will also look into the pdf cf custom tags, before i
diecide on which to use.
so what if i decide to html for the time being.  If i
were to do that all i would need to do was open a new
window with the text etc...that i want to be printed.
Now opening a new window is giving me this error on IE
but works fine on NN this is the code i'm using:
<script language="javascript">
    var newWindow
        function makeNewWindow()
        {
          if (!newWindow || newWindow.closed)
          {
             newWindow=
window.open("/khan/index.cfm?method=TrainingDetailedApproval&TID=#TID#",
"Height=200, width=300")
             if (!newWindow.opener)
             {
                newWindow.opener = Window
             }
          }
          else
          {
             newWindow.focus()
          }
        }
</script>

and then i use this to call it:
approval.</a>

So what's wrong with that?!
My other question is:
I am passing cf variables through the url...how would
i pass them to the new window then?! any suggestions?
thanks a lot for you time!
Heidi