First I'm sorry if this has been covered in past ... which I'm sure it has. But I'd
appreciate a little help or a push in the right direction.

I've got a CFForm with CFInputs and a Textarea object. I'm letting CF handle
validation for CF objects and I need to validate the textarea ... client side.

Now, it appears that when I add an OnSubmit to the CFForm it gets dropped ... and
overwritten with the validate call used for CF objects.

Is there a way to call a Validate function using CF if validation is active?

Or I can use the OnValidate function of one of the CFInput objects to validate ...
which works fine except if the validation fails, the Message from the CFInput box is
returned. Is there a way to turn this message off or at least a way to change what the
Message text is?

Thanks in advance for any direction,
Allison