From: Jones, Becky [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2001 1:27 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: validation

i want to have a form where i can insert a new user into my database.  and i
have that form but i want to be able to validate it before it submits this
new user into my database.  i want to check to make sure the person doesnt
already exist. (it wont be me entering the data, so i dont want to have user
input errors if they dont search thru the drop down list before adding a new
person...resulting in duplicate people).
someone told me to look thru the custom tags and i did...but i really dont
see what i am looking for.
can anyone give me any ideas or some direction?
thanks for all your help,
bec.

This e-mail, including any attachments, is intended for the
receipt and use by the intended addressee(s), and may contain
confidential and privileged information.  If you are not an intended
recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized
use or distribution of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.