Here is a FAQ which explains the current status with Harpoon.

"Q.  I have heard rumors that Harpoon is being cancelled?  What is the
status of Harpoon?

Harpoon is not being cancelled.  Macromedia is committed to delivering a
resource that meets our high quality assurance standards so that the
developer community can best utilize the technology.  Macromedia is giving
the Harpoon project full attention and continues to improve the components
so that they are ready for public release.  When Harpoon is ready for
release the Kit will be delivered via the Allaire Dev Center along with
detailed documentation and sample files.

Q.  When will Harpoon ship?

Harpoon will be available publicly this spring.  Harpoon Beta testers and
the ColdFusion developer community will be notified of the availability of
Harpoon when it ships.

Q. What will Harpoon be called?

The final version of the Harpoon toolkit will be called "Macromedia Flash
Component Kit for ColdFusion"

Q.  What is the Macromedia Flash Component Kit for ColdFusion?

The Macromedia Flash Component Kit for ColdFusion lets ColdFusion developers
easily take advantage of Macromedia Flash 5 sample components for enhancing
Web applications without having to learn a new authoring product.  For more
advanced developers the kit provides a guide on how to create custom
Macromedia Flash based components based on the Component Kit model.

Developers can immediately use the Macromedia Flash-based sample components
in the kit including two types of navigation menus, a calculator and
calendar control to quickly add richness and enhanced functionality to their
Web applications as compared to HTML."

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards - Mike Brunt
Macromedia Consulting