I would normally use columns in a database and not worry about structures
but, from the looks of the spec that I have got there is more of a
complicated structure.

basically it is a company information section for our intranet.

Within the Slow_stream table there will be coluimns for
Company info, financial info and sales office info

The later column has to contain;

Direct Sales:
        location, size
VARs
        location, Size, other products
International Presense
Key Markets
Market Share

I was thinking about using a structure for the direct sales and VAR sections
so I can store the extra details.

Is it as simple creating a structure then inserting it into a DB field.
When I want to display the data for a user can I query the database then
access the structure as I normal ?