Look up your documentation on CFINCLUDE.

   In basic terms, you can take some code (any code you want) and put it in
a separate file, and then include that file in your other template.  I
commonly use this for headers and footers.

   If you create a file (we'll call it 'myinclude.cfm') with one line:
       Welcome to my site

  You can create a CFM document (index.cfm) like this:

     <HTML><BODY>
     <CFINCLUDE template="myinclude.cfm">
     </BoDY></HTML>

  Run the index.cfm.  It will output the first two tags, then it will go
out and look for myinclude.cfm and output the 'welcome to my site' message,
then it will continue processing and output the end body and end html tags.

    You will probably also want to look up your documentation on custom
tags, which are more akin to procedures.  You can pass parameters in and
out of the custom tag, whereas an include is processed as if it were part
of the template.