But the small development companies, particularly outside the US where
bandwidth is a lot more expensive, cannot afford to host their own machines,
and so we rely on virtual hosts like the CFHosting and the Cyberhost etc
etc.

If we will have to pay extra for our sites to be hosted on these servers, to
cover the cost of licensing, then we will have to rethink our 'commitment'
to ColdFusion.

The majority of our client choose to use virtual servers for obvious
reasons, and because they don't have the resources to host or maintain
in-house.  If these restrictions and costs get imposed on the Host
providers,  then they are going to be passed on to us, and then our clients,
who are simply going to say that XYZ company are going to write in
ASP/PHP/JSP and hosting is going to be a fraction of the cost.  It already
costs more to have a CF site hosted than an ASP site... How much more is
this going to make it??

For the individuals on this list, it may not be a worry... For the small
development companies, it could well be.   And we are talking about
Macromedia.... See the references in other messages to Generator.  Priced
out of the small-business league.   Macromedia are in it for the money, and
this is a concern that I've had since the merger.