Situation:

Need to add about 1000 records to a remote DB. Trying
to write a bulk insert type app in CF for it. Pretty
sure I need to use CFLOOP - list to get it done.

Resources:

Access 2000 DB, csv file of records (comma delimited),
no admin access to server, 24 hours.

I'm thinking something like:

<cfloop list="#Form.Input#" delimiters=","
index="ThisFile">
  <cfoutput>
    <cfquery name="update" datasource="myDB"
dbtype="ODBC">
     INSERT INTO MyTable (Field1, Field2, Field3)
     VALUES (#ThisFile#)
  </cfoutput>
</cfloop>

Form.Input comes, of course, from a textarea field on a
form not shown here.

Am I even close here? Just wanting tips or pointers,
not outright answers. I love to learn this sort of
thing for myself so I always know it. How does this
know when it has reached EOF?

Guy J. McDowell
www.guymcdowell.com