From: Mike Morris [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2001 12:34 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: OT: JS Input Mask for textbox

Has anyone written an input mask in javascript utilizing the
onkeydown/onkeyup events, so that as the user is typing a value into a text
box, the value is formatted correctly. For example entering a U.S. phone
number, as they type in the area code a hyphen would appear after the third
character, then another hypen would appear after the seventh character so as
they type the number 5555555555, the hyphens would automatically be thrown
in resulting in 555-555-5555.