From: Richard Colman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2001 9:25 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Continue processing form based on user input

Can someone suggest the best approach to "cancel or continue with" form
processing based on user input?

The scenario is:

-form submitted
-possible duplicate record detected in "action" poage
-ask user whether to proceed with processing
--if user says "yes" then continue processing form variables in the "action"
page
--if user says "no" cancel form processing and throw up an information
screen.

I have been playing around with several Javascript approaches to doing this,
but I don't now JS all that well. Is there a CF way to do it, keeping in
mind that I need to maintain my form variables if the user wishes to
proceed.

Can someone suggest a good approach, CF or otherwise, to this problem?

TNX.

Rick Colman.