Thanks Sean,

I also get this problem when sending just one email, the looping was just a
test
I did to how reliable the system was. My understanding it that when you do a
cfmail,
it doesnt actually send the mail straight away, it places it in spool
directory as a text file,
and every N seconds some sort of process mails everything in the spool
directory.
i am going to try use cfx_wait, but it seems strange to me that this effects
how your mail is sent,
if it was sent instantly it would make sense to me.

Thanks for all your help

Nick