A couple of things...

* Are you sure that the access denied is not the HTTP call on the
webserver?

Check the the CFHTTP call is working from the page before trying to write
to the file...

* Are you sure that CFFIle can do a write to that directory?

Again check from a dummy page...

If this is working (I assumed you checked it) then the problem will be file
permissions somewhere along the line, but it looks like those are fixed.
 So the server side issue looks sorted.

For this reason, I would expect that the problem would lie in the webserver
HTTP call.  Check that the file can be written and that you can access the
webserver internally (ie that it allows calls from the webserver itself
because it doesn't have to). Check the firewall settings and the HTTP
settings.

Apart from that, there isn't enough info in your post to go further (ie
webserver, cf version etc).

HTH

Paul