I am trying to create a verity collection that indexes a share on a remote
server.  (We have 2 front end clustered webservers, and a static data server
- I am trying to index files on the static server, via a UNC path)

I believe the systems are set up properly in regards to the user which the
CF services are running as having proper permissions to the share.

I can successfully create files on the remote server using CFFILE from the
webservers using the same UNC path - so I would think that the verity
indexer would be able to read those files.

also of note is the fact that we currently use this file server to store our
verity collections between servers - and that works fine.

am I missing something?

Here is the exact tag I use:

<cfindex action     = "refresh"
         collection = "somecollection"
         key        = "\\Server\Path\To\My\Files"
         type       = "path"
           urlpath    = "../images/mailings/"
           recurse    = "no">

Of course, when I change the "key" attribute to some local drive\directory
(like "D:\cf\is\ereet") it works just fine (and again, the collection
datastructure itself is being stored on the static server)

Also, when I try and use the CF Administrator to create the index, it gives
me the same error.

Am I forgetting something?

Thanks in advance.

Bryan Batchelder