I can attest to that statement.  We had a custom tag that used those three
functions HEAVILY - iif, de, and evaluate.  It was very very very very slow.
Unfortunately for us, it is the core of our application - so it was
rewritten as a CFX, then a COM component, and not it is a hybrid COM/XML
thing.

So, um, yeah, that stuff is slow - beware.

--b

Bryan Batchelder
Web Application Developer
ConnectWise, Inc.