1. Does SQL7 go into single user mode while executing transaction log backups?
And is it necessary to back up the client Var Repository? We do not user
the global hit count client vars and I can not think of any other situation
where we would need to retrieve clients var data.

It also appears that the Hitcount and Last Visit variables are being
written to the client variable database even though we have the disable
check box checked in the administrator.

2. I have a really strange report from a client about some irregularities in
an app we built for them. Essentially, there is a long client variable that
contains a delimited string of items. This long delimited list is used
throughout the app. This string is later stored in the DB.
Each record in the DB has its own identifiably string of delimited items.
When a user accesses a particular item, the DB record is read and that
delimited list is set as the client Var. The previous client vars are all
deleted.
Now, when my user views the entire string it looks normal. But if she
attempts to edit an item in the list, all of its properties change to an
item in another list from a separate record in the DB. Its seems as through
the previous client Var is still hanging around and sometimes being
selected from the clientVar repository instead of what should be the
currently active client Var.
Has any one seen anything like this happen before?

3. When I view the ClientVariable Database, there are numerous entries
where the data is only a single variable. Each user session should always
have between 10-20 client variables initialized when they log in yet there
are numerous entries which contain just this orphaned variable. Why would
this Variable be written to the client Var repository as a single record
where as other records contain the entire string of client variables as
expected.

Thank you for your help.

Brook Davies
MaracasMedia Inc.

<head>
</head>

bgcolor="white">
&nbsp; Brook Davies<BR>
&nbsp; President
&nbsp;
border="0" width="100%" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0"><tr><td
bgcolor="gray"><table border="0" width="100%" cellpadding="1"
cellspacing="0"><tr><td bgcolor="white">
421 - 425 Carrall Street<BR>
Vancouver, BC<BR>
V6B 6E3 CA <BR><BR>