I am showing information in columns.  Each column represents a different
quarter.  We need the user to do an update every quarter. To achieve this
look I used the code:

<CFOUTPUT QUERY="GetSubjects" GROUP="SkillID">
<TR>
<TD COLSPAN="2">#Skill#</TD>
<CFOUTPUT>

<TD>
<CFIF Val(GetSubjects.GradeForSubject)>#GetSubjects.GradeForSubject#
<CFELSE><INPUT NAME="GradeForSubject" VALUE="#GradeForSubject#" SIZE="4">
</CFIF>
</TD>
</CFOUTPUT>
</TR>
<INPUT TYPE="Hidden" NAME="SkillID" VALUE="#SkillID#">
<INPUT TYPE="Hidden" NAME="GradesID" VALUE="#GradesID#">
<INPUT TYPE="Hidden" NAME="PERMNUM" VALUE="#PERMNUM#">
<INPUT TYPE="Hidden" NAME="GradeForSubject" VALUE="#GradeForSubject#">
</CFOUTPUT>
</TABLE

Now I need to be able to update each quarter.  On my update query I have:

   <CFQUERY NAME="EditGrades" DATASOURCE="#Request.maindsn#">
              UPDATE tbl_StudentGrade
              SET GradeForSubject='#trim(GradeForSubject)#'
WHERE GradesID=#GradesID#

              </CFQUERY>

What is happening is that it is only updating the 1st entry- and putting all
the variables in that first column! (with a comma delimiter).  as a test I
added the primary key to the columns - that shows up in the number correctly
so it looks like they are corresponding correctly, but the update button
will plunk it into the first variable only....any ideas?
Thanks for the brain power.