I take your point.
 I have had a reason for trying to parse .js files through cf though. I was trying to
use CF to dynamically generate the menu
arrays in the dhtml HierMenu scripts. This would not work because any cf code that I
tried to use was being caught as a js syntax
error because it was not being parsed by cf. I could modify the  version 3.X scripts
and get them to work with coldfusion but I
have tried just about everything to get the 4.X version to work with cf but they do
not seem compatible. I tried adding .js files
to be parsed by cfserver but that didn't work. I didn't get an error but the menus did
not get built.
Has anyone had any luck using hiermenus 4.X with cf?