From: Michael Kear [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2001 11:12 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Concatenating strings.

Whats wrong with this code? It seems to be following the examples I"ve
seen before .. I want to add an error message to an existing error
message, so as the template executes, as errors are found a comphensive
list of errors found on the form are assembed, rather than just give them
one error, fix that, submit the form, find another error kind of routine.

But when I execute this code, I get the error that the CF Server cannot
convert to number.   I dont want a number, i want to concatenate the
strings.

[quote]
<cfset errormsg = EVALUATE(errormsg +  "Your password and repeated
password do not match.<br>")>
[end quote]

I know the answer is simple (they're always teh ones that trip me up) but
I can't see it.   Can you?

Cheers,
Mike Kear
AFP Webworks,