I have a problem with a fairly significant CF application used by a
number of our clients which runs under CF 4.51 and IIS4.0 on NT4.0
Server.  Client variables are stored in an Access database file and all
works well except when the application is accessed by IE5.5 from a
machine other than the server.

Normal behaviour is for authentication and the setting of miscellaneous
client variables to occur in a single-frame window before moving to a
multi-frame frameset.  By looking at the CDATA table in my Access file,
I can see that under normal circumstances, this writes a single record
which stores client data to be accessed throughout the application,
before or after the move to a frameset.

Under IE5.5 running on a machine other than the server, I can see that
creating the frameset generates new records within CDATA (one for each
frame) and once I move to the frameset, client variables which were set
prior to the move are no longer available to templates running within
the frames and variables set within one frame are unavailable to
templates running in the others.

Can anyone please offer me any enlightenment, or at least point me in
the right direction?  Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

        Malcolm