From: Paul Mone [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 19 May 2001 00:01
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: the big export...ColdFusion.NET?

What is C#?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Hall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2001 7:36 AM
To: CF-Talk

Michael, before you go and learn VB, realize that vb is morphing into
vb.net. Although the syntax is similar, the changes/improvements are quite
drastic. You may want to skip picking up a book on the old VB and
concentrate on learning the new stuff. Microsofts site is a great place to
start though.

<bigfatsegue>
The whole dotNet thing is very interesting... Microsofts try at interpreted
code, like java.
Which leads me to think back to Macromedia's repeatedly saying dotNet in the
press release that they were commited to dotNet.
It isn't too far of a stretch to say that Neo may be ported to dotNet, and
specifically C#, which is basically java anyway. The more I think about it,
the more I think it's a no brainer for Macromedia to do a C# port. It will
probably run much faster on Windows. The only risk would be confusing the
users as to which is better.

That's my random Friday thought. Anyone have any comments?
</bigfatsegue>

jon