From:   Zac [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Monday, May 21, 2001 2:28 PM
To:     CF-Talk
Subject:        Re: Bizarre Error: Server/Studio Duplicating Carriage Returns

Willy Ray wrote:

> I'm running the eval of Cold Fusion Server 4.5 Enterprise on Redhat 7.1.
 When
> I save a template through RDS, for every carriage return I enter as I
code, I
> get two carriage returns on the saved document.  Example:

> Big problem.  I've got a template with only about 20 lines of actual code
on
> it, but it's up to about 14000 lines, due to this problem.  I have studio
on
> two different machines, and it doesn't seem to matter which I use.  Also,
this
> is not happening from the same two workstations if I write to an NT
machine
> through RDS, or through windows networking.
>
> Any ideas?

Check the Editor's file settings and see if its using PC line breaks.
Perhaps the Linux machine is interpreting the CRLF setting on the PC as two
carriage returns?

--

Among modern occupations, only cult leaders and TV weathermen
rival the technological visionary's ability to retain credibility

Nathan Myhrvold

email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web: http://www.pixelgeek.com/