You might want to take a look at www.cfcomet.com.  Its a site explicitly
for CF - COM stuff.  Maybe you can find a resource there to help you out.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: CF-Talk
Sent: 5/23/01 11:05 AM
Subject: Running com objects from CF

I need a bit of help with com objects. I've built one that opens Excel
spreadsheets to pick up and output data. It does 4 different things, so
call it from cf and it is scheduled to do these spread across the hour.
The
problem I've got is that if one overruns the next one then the new one
seems
to halt the first one and leaves it hanging. I don't know if this is
because
I have mutiple excel processes or running mutiple copies of an object. I
remember reading something about there being a count of the number of
times
a com object is running you could access, but I don't know where it is.
I've
got instancing is set to MultiUse, is there anything else I need to do
allow mutilpe instances to run?

The opinions expressed in this E-mail are those  of  the individual  and
not  necessarily  the  company.  This E-mail and  any files transmitted
with it are confidential and solely for the use of the intended
recipients