Hi all,

I know that you can't rely 100% on HTTP headers since most of them are not
required by the HTTP specs, malicious users could alter the headers and I
saw corporate firewalls configured in a way that strip most of the data out
of the HTTP request from the browsers like removing the http-referer and
similar stuff. Also, some old or exotic browser could cause troubles too.

Still, checking "cgi.http_referer" could be handy sometimes and
"cgi.content_length" is great on a file upload scenario. The question is
actually, what does it happens if, by any reasons, good or bad, the specific
HTTTP header is not there? Does CF Server throw me an error? Is the variable
totally missing or an empty string?

I guess a code like this should catch any problem, isn't it?

<cfif isdefined("cgi.http_referer") AND cgi.http_referer NEQ "">
It's not there or is empty
</cfif>

Thanks in advance

Massimo