> Nope. No reply on the Allaire forums either.
> Which is an arse as I want to use it !

WARNING: this is not the Right Way - but if you really want to use the
calender in non-popup mode and cant wait for the offical fix:
1) Get the 30 day Flash 5 trial from macromedia.com
2) Load the uicalender.fla file into it, and delete the ok and cancal
buttons.
2a) Export as a .swf file, over the original .swf
3) on pages that use the calender you need to add:
onLoad="refreshIt()" to the body tag, and
<script><!--
function refreshIt(){
        document.all.calendarpopup1.style.display='';
        setTimeout('refreshIt()',50);
}
//--></script>
to the <head>
4) Tell users to double click days to select (as a single click can be used
to move betwen months).

You may wish to make a change to the custom tag, so it calls a different
..swf depending on a parameter - but IMHO this is far too much work when
Macroaire are working on a fix.

Also, while looking at the tag's, I found that there are some undocumented
parameters to the uicalender tag (possably others). Thay allow you to alter
the colors of the days, for the current month, other months days if shown,
and the selected day:
        currFillColor="##99ccff"
        currTxtColor="##000000"
        otherFillColor="##ffffff"