Hmm, Dave, I think you're right. My bad... Ah, yes, that is right, the
lack of the EXPIRES attribute creates a cookie that lasts only while the
browser is open. Sorry all.

> > EXPIRES="Never" produces exactly the behavior you described.
> > THe cookie persists only as long as the browser is open.
>
> That's incorrect. To get a cookie that persists only until the browser is
> closed - a "session" cookie - you must omit the EXPIRES parameter entirely.
> EXPIRES="NEVER" sets a cookie to have an expiration date far in the future,
> and returns an HTTP response header like this:
>
> Set-Cookie: CTESTNEVER=1; expires=Sun, 27-Sep-2037
>
> Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
> http://www.figleaf.com/
> voice: (202) 797-5496
> fax: (202) 797-5444

Tony Schreiber, Senior Partner                  Man and Machine, Limited
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   http://www.technocraft.com

http://www.simplemessageboard.com ___Free Forum Software for Cold Fusion
http://www.is300.net ___________The Enthusiast's Home of the Lexus IS300
http://www.digitacamera.com ______________DigitA Camera Scripts and Tips