From: Gina K. Anderson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 12:20 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Newbie-CF trying to process Hex numbers :-)

Hi all,

Have been learning CF, and going through the book ColdFusion 4.0 Web
Application
Construction Kit. Short story is I got bored with white background and black
text, and started doing my own app instead of the example in the book, using
background colors, text colors, and CSS, etc.

Okay, now I have a problem ;) CF is trying to process my hex numbers, and I
can't figure out how to fix it. I am trying to update records, using
#Trim(ColumnName)#. My code can be found here:

http://www.sitediva.com/code.txt

When I passed the ContactID to this page through a link on another page, I
got
this error:

---------------------------------
Error Diagnostic Information
Just in time compilation error

Invalid parser construct found on line 38 at position 23. ColdFusion was
looking
at the following text:

"
Invalid expression format. The usual cause is an error in the expression
structure.
The last successfully parsed CFML construct was static text occupying
document
position (29:28) to (38:15).

The specific sequence of files included or processed is:
C:\AddressBook\update_biz_form.cfm

So I go to the line, and it's the <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
tag,
the " after the first hex number. I stripped out the hex numbers, then it
gets
stuck on the next one, <tr bgcolor="#990000"> ...

I can't find anything in the book that talks about this, can anyone help?

Thanks,
Gina