Also u have the // the wrong way round it should be
\\myotherserver\myotherdicrectory .....

>From Rif Kiamil

 -----Original Message-----
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   02 June 2001 13:43
To:     CF-Talk
Subject:        Calling all IIS Gurus..

I seem to have a bit of a problem setting up some CF files for display on a
windows2000
server.

The files themselves exist on another server so I have set the web server to
'content exists on another server' and entered the correct unc path ie
//myOtherServer/myDirectory

Sure enough, those directories appear in the iis console and all seems to be
there.

However, when I try and browse those files, the .htm files are fine but the
...cfm files return the dreaded http error 1.0/404 file not found.

So it seems as if the server doesn't recognise the .cfm's in the mapped
directory.

When I copy those directories to a local drive on the server and change the
web server settings to map to the local directory then all the files are
displayed
OK so CF must be installed ok.

So how do I get the web server to recognise .cfm files in a mapped directory
?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Regards,

MR