I think your best alternative is call it from your development server or
change a hosting services.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Kear [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2001 5:33 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Alternative to CFSchedule?

I have a CF Hosting service that doesn't allow CF Schedule and I want a
site to run a daily check on itself and report to me if any of my users
have added links, changed details, etc on any of my pages so I can go and
check they're all Ok.

The only alternative I've thought of so far is to have a CFSchedule
running on my own development machine that calls the template on this
site.

Does anyone have a better idea for achieving the same thing?   There is a
potential problem with having a production template running regularly on a
development server, since there's no guarantee it's going to be up and
going at the time the job's supposed to be run.

Cheers,
Mike Kear
AFP Webworks,
Windsor, NSW, Australia.