for my next project, I want the database to do most of the dataprocessing,
and coldfusion to do the other stuff.  I have a page that enters a login and
password to a table called Logins, which I want to set up a trigger that
checks to see if a login with the same name already exists.  in my CF code,
the variable containing the login is C_Login.  What I want to know is how to
pass that variable to the trigger so that it can test to see if the login
already exists.  Also, if a login like that already exists, I will make the
trigger spit out an error, but I want to make it user-friendly and the error
page look friendly.  So how do I tell coldfusion to do something when it
receives this error from the DB?  thanx :)

P.S.  Remember, I want to go the Database route and have it do most of the
processing.  I'd rather not have coldfusion retrived data from the table,
analyze it, then do an insert or whatever.  thanx again!

hehehehe