----- Original Message -----
From: "Top-Link Tech (John Ceci)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2001 11:17 AM
Subject: RE: Need decryptor tag for CFUG presentation

> Ray,
>
> I would agree with your statement competely...
>
> BUT, since this program exists, and we have known that it exists for some
> time there are a couple of things MM should have done...
> #1. MM needs to find who wrote it and get the tag off the internet

It's no secret:

Matt Chapman ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

And, if you search the net you'll find it all over the place (including source code)
so getting it off the net is not going to
happen.  I've even seen it offered as shareware (if you can believe that!)

> #2. MM needs to change the encryption methodology inside of CF5.0 in the
> first SP which will then totally take the program out of usefulness...

The problem with the cf encryption is that it needs to be fast and have a know key so
this type of encrypton can be compromised.

Regards,

Howie