From: Perez, Bismark [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 11 June 2001 16:03
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Weird problem setting client variable

I have the weirdest problem setting a client variable and for the live of me
I can not see where the problem is.  The problem is the following:

I have a form where the user can change the language of the site, one of the
fields on the form is a select box named "NewLang", now, once the user
selects the new language the form is posted to a template (ChangeLang.cfm)
which only function is to <cfset client.lang = newlang> and then
<cflocation> to the parent template.  The first line in the application.cfm
is to <cfparam> for client.lang and set it to "en" if is not defined, some
how it is always set to "en" because client.lang is not defined.

Now I know app.cfm is always executed, so before ChangeLang.cfm is executed
the client.lang is set to "en" then the template is executed and client.lang
is set to the new language and a redirection occurs to the parent template,
client.lang should contain the new language, but is not because the
<cfparam> resets it to "en".

Can somebody see where the problem is...
TIA

Bismarck Perez