SQL does not have autonumber, but you can set the field to Identity, then
set the Identity seed and Identity increment to whatever you wish. (Seed is
your start number, increment, well, that should be obvious.

Rich sat down, thought things over, and said....

I have a simple question.  How do you set the primary key field to
autonumber in SQL server?  I have always used Access where this is a choice
but don't see how to do it with SQL Server 2000.

Thanks,
Rich

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com