Hi Philip,

It may be in your indexing that the problem lies. Are you
indexing the collection through the server admin or through
<cfindex>?

You may be somehow excluding subdirectories.

I use <cfindex> because I don't have access to the server and my
code looks like such...

<cfindex collection="MyCollection"
 action="Update"
 type="Path"
 key="D:\Inetpub\Blah\BlahBlah\"
 urlpath=""
 extensions=".cfm,.pdf,.htm"
 recurse="Yes"

I know you know this CF stuff way better than I do, but sometimes
we miss little things like saying 'Yes' to recurse or forgetting
extensions we might have used like .html or .asp

I'm wondering also, if maybe there is some sort of server timeout
going on before all results can be returned.

HTH,

Guy