From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2001 9:07 PM
To: CF-Talk
Cc: Heidi Belal; Michael Lugassy
Subject: Re: Desperate for Hosting <<< URGENT <<< WARNING <<< URGENT

Dear Heidi:

IF YOU or MICHAEL LUGASSY or ANYONE ELSE ON THIS LIST are customers of
CIHOST, be afraid, be VERY afraid.

Maybe you've seen CIHOST listed on a "Top Hosting Lists" website?  If
so,
go back, look again, and see who actually sent in the votes for them to
be
there.  This company has NO idea how to install, operate or support an
NT
webserver, NEVER MIND one running Cold Fusion.  While you're there, also
do
a domain name search on "CIHOSTSUCKS" and think carefully about why
there
are so many TLD matches.

CIHOSTING's IIS servers crash dozens of times every day, and their CF
services go down for hours at a time.  Yes, we DO have the actual logs
off
their servers to prove it.  They easily take 2 or 3 days to respond to
support emails, but only if you're lucky.  We also have a large
collection
of wrongly answered (although mostly just unanswered) support emails.

We can also produce copies of CIHOST transactions where they have
rebilled
the same service(s) multiple times.  Again we have WEEKS of unanswered
billing emails asking for them to please stop.  Sadly the only way you
can
get them to stop rebilling is by canceling your card, although you will
continue getting automated reminders about your overdue payments, even
after your account is closed.

Ours is not an isolated bad experience with CIHOST, although we've not
exactly new to using virtual hosting (having been using CF since version

2).  Currently their attorneys are defending a class action by numerous
CIHOST ex-customers who got waaaay more screwed then we did.  Finally
the
company president and accountant (his girlfriend) are being investigated

for credit card fraud, but then of course you didn't pay them with
plastic
did you?

Heidi, whatever choice you make for CF hosting, DO NOT, do not, DO NOT
use
CIHOST.

PS: Please contact us off-list if you or anyone else here needs help
with
problems caused by this bunch of Texas cowboys.