Hi All.

I've been battling with a problem on with IE5.0 on the Mac for the past few
hours and wonder if anyone has
a) Had a similar experience
b) Knows of a solution.

My script does the following.
1.  It turns session management on:

<cfapplication name="RugbyScene" sessionmanagement="Yes"
setclientcookies="Yes" sessiontimeout="#attributes.sessiontimeout#">

2.  It checks for the existance of a cookie, called visitorID:

<cfif isDefined("cookie.visitorID")>

3.  If this isn't defined, then it generates a new visitor ID, and stores
this in a cookie

<cfcookie name="visitorID" value="#qry_GetVisitorID.VisitorID#"
expires="NEVER">

4.  It then uses the cookie variable in the page.

5.  Next time you visit the page, it sees that cookie.visitorID is set, so
it doesn't generate a new one.  This works perfectly on IE5/Win, NN/Win,
NN/Mac but not on IE5/Mac.  Every time I visit the page on the IE5/Mac, it
generates a new visitorID for the cookie (ie, the previous one wasn't set).
Cookies are definately allowed in IE5.  They just don't seem to be stored
between page refreshes!  You will also see that I use cookies for session
management (CFID & CFTOKEN) - these are also getting lost, so my sessions
aren't working either.

I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do - some pointers would be much
appreciated (Allaires Forums and Dev Exchange are pretty quiet on this one)

I have just discovered the following.  If I make the cookie a session
cookie, (ie, I leave out the expires="..." bit : <cfcookie name="visitorID"
value="#qry_GetVisitorID.VisitorID#">) then the cookie is stored, but only
whilst the browser is open.  If I put anything (NEVER, 7, 01/01/2002 etc.)
then the cookie isn't stored at all.  Does that shed any light?

Regards

David Laing (david [at] vardus.com)
Substitute Window Washer, Vardus Internet Solutions

(A)bort, (R)etry, (F)*ckup completely?