It's probably adding the tick counts together for each "interval" of the
cfflush

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 03 July 2001 00:35
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CFFlush and GetTickCount

I'm seeing some strange timing reports when I use GetTickCount
and CFFlush together... Is this a feature or a bug <g>?

I have this at the start of a page:
<CFSET StartPageRequest=GetTickCount()>

I have this at the end:
<CFSET EndPageRequest=GetTickCount()>

To calculate the time it takes to generate the page, I use this:
#Evaluate((EndPageRequest-StartPageRequest)/100)#

When I don't use CFFLUSH on the page, the page generation time
is reported at between 5 and 6 seconds.

When I do use CFFLUSH, although there is a slight reduction in
the delay before the page begins to appear, the page generation
time reported by the GetTickCount calculation is much more than
the actual time. For example, a page that is generated and fully
received by the browser in 13 seconds shows a GetTickCount
interval of 41 seconds!

Does this mean GetTickCount is never accurate when used within
the same page request as CFFlush?

Gene Kraybill