Kevin,

Addresses in the class A range 127.0.0.0 of network addresses have special
status, and are reserved for use as a loopback address (typically
127.0.0.1).  So if you are developing solely on your box then the only IP
address you will need is for the loopback interface, which is always
127.0.0.1.

However if your CFserver is located on a different box you should specify
the IP address of the server's NIC when you connect to it.  The version of
CFserver you are using does only accept one IP address connection.  I was
originally developing on the same box and when I tried connecting to that
box from a networked PC it gave the same error.  When this happened to me I
stopped coldfusion restarted it and then connected to CF using something
like http://194.168.0.1/CFIDE/administrator/ where the IP address is your
server's NIC address.
It then worked.  Hope that is of some help.

Regards
Stephen
Stephen Galligan
Web Developer
Thoughtbubble Ltd
http://www.thoughtbubble.net
United Kingdom
http://www.thoughtbubble.co.uk/
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7387 8890
New Zealand
http://www.thoughtbubble.co.nz/
Tel: +64 (0) 9 488 9131
intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). Any
views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Thoughtbubble. This information may be
subject to legal, professional or other privilege and further distribution
of it is strictly prohibited without our authority. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are not authorised to disclose, copy, distribute, or
retain this message. Please notify us on +44 (0)207 387 8890.