Hi Joe

Does the host have ASP?  If so, just incorporate it into your program
flow as if you used a stand-alone CFTemplate to perform the upload
and save the file:

   Template1.cfm... Present upload form - Action specifies ASP template

   Template2.asp... Upload, Save and rename the file & invoke Template3.cfm

   Template3.cfm... Update database, etc and Present results to user

I did things like this at the old iTool before the enabled cffile.

HTH

Dick