> Has anyone tried to connect to a database thru the new
> connection string method? I've successfully connected with
> ODBC DSNless connection strings, but when I try an OLE DB
> connection string, the cfquery fails. Does it work only
> with DSNLess connections?

According to the docs, DBTYPE="DYNAMIC" is only for use with ODBC. I haven't
tried using it with OLEDB, but your problem might be that when you use
DBTYPE="DYNAMIC", by default, CF uses some shared settings. I only vaguely
recall exactly what gets shared, but remember reading about it in release
notes for one of the betas.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496