Is there any way to use Iif with (for example) a date time variable
retrieved from a database so that if it's defined, it extracts the Day
portion of the date, but if the date is null, uses Day(Now()) instead?

   If(NOT Len(AccountExpires), DE(Day(Now())), DE(Day(AccountExpires)))

When AccountExpires is null, Day(AccountExpires) throws this error

   Parameter 1 of function Day which is now "" must be a date/time value

even though it's in the second part of the Iif. I would have thought the
evaluation wouldn't have got that far... ?

And as this is within a CFMODULE attribute, I want to use Iif if possible,
as opposed to having CFIF CFELSE /CFIF and two calls to the custom tag.

BTW, are there times when you don't need to use DE within and immediate if?
I'm not 100% certain so always put it there.

Thanks

--
Aidan Whitehall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Macromedia ColdFusion Developer