There's a little bit on using COM to access PDF info in CF at CF Comet,
www.cfcomet.com/.

The Adobe website has tons of documentation.  See chapter 4 of the
Interapplication Communication (IAC) Overview at
  http://partners.adobe.com/asn/developer/acrosdk/docs/iac/IACOverview.pdf.
 Objects of interest include AcroExch.App, AcroExch.AVDoc and AcroExch.PDDoc.

-David