Hi,

I´ve been trying to reduce the amount of white space that the CF server produces by
using the <CFSETTING ENABLECFOUTPUTONLY="YES"> at the beginning and <CFSETTING
ENABLECFOUTPUTONLY="NO"> and the end of templates. Everything seems to work fine as
only the code in between CFOUTPUT tags is displayed.

However if i call another file through a CFMODULE tag (also in between both CFSETTING
tags) like this:

<CFSETTING ENABLECFOUTPUTONLY="YES">

.... some code here...

    <CFOUPUT><CFMODULE TEMPLATE="AFile.cfm"></CFOUTPUT>

.... some more code here...

<CFSETTING ENABLECFOUTPUTONLY="NO">

.... the output of "AFile.cfm" DOES HAVE lots of white space. At this point my
conclusion would be that no matter if the cfmodule call is inside a CFSETTING scope,
all that white space won´t be removed. But... even when i put CFSETTING at the
begining and at the end within "AFile.cfm" i still get uneeded white space!

And the last thing i tried that left me totally confused: if i call "AFile.cfm"
directly with a browser it works fine as all the white space is supressed correctly!

What am i doing wrong? Has anybody found this problem before?

Francisco Montes
Web Developer
Spain on Line