At 1+ years....you are an expert!

-----Original Message-----
From: John Paitel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2001 3:24 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Intro and questions...what else?

Hey all...

I am new to the list, as well as a relatively new CF programmer
(1+years),
and I am going back and filling in the gaps from when I learned what
needed to at the time. ;-) I have been programming for a few years,
so
understanding the programming concepts is not a problem.

I do have a question on a site I am developing for a future personal
business. I want to allow users to sign up for a trial account. I
have
javascript that checks the form for validity (Email address, no blank
fields, etc), but I need to also check the database to make sure that
the
user account name does not already exist. I can do this easily in the
handler page, but if the username exists, and I send them back, all
their
info disappears.

I can take care of this by passing the data back, but I would rather
not
keep passing their password back and forth. Is there a way to keep
the
data, without passing it back and forth?

John Paitel