>Can you throw us bone, and point us to some information on how to
strip
down a CF, IIS Server?

With Win2k and NT4.0 the steps are mostly the same.  I will use Win2k
as an
example.
For the hole server:
-In the IIS admin console get properties for the server.
-In Master Properties "box" select Master Properties for "WWW
Service",
click edit.
-Find the home directory tab, click on it
-Find the Configuration button, click on it.
-Under application mappings I remove all but .cfm.  Note: only remove
the
ones you are not using.  If you are using the Indexing service apply
all of
the indexing services patches.

Note: When you install services packs or if you add a component to
windows
with the windows setup program these mapping will most likely sneak
back in.
So, get in the habit of checking these mapping each time you install
software in the box.

Hope this helps

Mark W. Breneman
-Cold Fusion Developer