Hello,

In my action page, I have an insert SQL statement inside my <cftransaction>
tag....the primary key is an autoincremented field...so when the insert
transaction is done, the key is created..  If that record that was just
inserted meets certain criteria, I want to update another record in another
table with that autoincremented primary key....at first I thought I would
just have a cfquery after my insert stmt capturing the max(autoincremeted)
field....however I am afraid that if another user is also inserting into
that table at the same time, I could mistakely capture their record instead
of the one I just created....Hope that makes sense.....

Does anyone have any ideas how I could "lock" my record to make sure I
update the other table with the right autoincremented field...?

Thanks for the help again!

Julie