> I don't follow this...can you further explain.  If you can't
> call a trigger form within CF (as it is fires automatically by
> the DB when a specific action occurs on a table) then how do
> you get it to return the data to CF?

That's the beauty of it - it'll do it automatically. If you insert a record
into a table, and that table has an insert trigger that returns a recordset,
you'll get that recordset back in CF - it'll be stored in the query object
named by the CFQUERY tag that did the insert.

For example, you can return an identity column value from a trigger.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444